Google have pushed out Google Maps for mobile 4.1, for Android devices that runs on v1.6 or higher. As far as the changes are concerned, there are -
*a new Latitude widget for the Android homescree
*the ability to set a map as the Live Wallpaper
*the ability to swipe through multiple pages of search results.
The Latitude widget shows the people listed as your friends who are geographically closest to you, while the Live Wallpaper – which requires a set running Android 2.1 OS right now. It lets you set a satellite map, regular map or topographical map as your homescreen wallpaper, automatically moves as you do, by using aGPS and GPS to track your location. It looks good, though it has the potential to really hammer both your data connection and battery life.
Google have also renewed the way search results are presented, by giving all the information on one page rather than splitting it into multiple tabs. It allow you to swipe from side to side to see more details. Apart fro,m that you can switch between multiple Google accounts on one device. So if you have a work Buzz account and a personal Buzz account you can see results for either.
If you’ve an Android device running OS 1.6 or above, you can update your Google Maps version for mobile by browsing into the Android Market and checking the Downloads tab.
New features include:
* Updated search results page: The detailed search page got a major face life. New keys have been included for map view, navigate, call, and street view. The reviews area has a slick looking colored chart to display star ratings and you can easily buzz about any place.
* Latitude widget and Maps live wallpaper: I guess this is more eye candy than usefulness. The new Maps live wallpaper allows you to view live traffic on your homescreen. The Latitude widget shows updates for friends around your location.
* Dark Map for Buzz: A new layer which darkens the map and makes buzz posts glow red.
* More Ads: There are tons of new ads through out Google Maps when performing a search.
* Swipe for more results: The tabs are now gone from the search results page and users can so easily swipe between places. The scrolling is super smooth.
* Switch Google Accounts: Android 2.0 added support for multiple accounts and now you can switch them from within maps. This allows you to manage multiple identities, so easily.
Via Mobile Phone