If you own a Sony Android phone running on ICS 4.0 or Jelly Bean 4.1 then here is some good news for you. XDA developer Bin4ry has created a root tool for such devices. This root tool
is also useful on Sony Xperia P, Xperia S and Xperia T which makes rooting Xperia Android phones easier and quicker. It gives successful results even though these devices lack native restore with ADB. Since Sony has added custom back up and restore app for these devices, Universal Root Tool will work on Xperia P, Xperia S and Xperia T.
Further in this article we shall see the procedure to install and use Bin4ry’s root tool.
Disclaimer: Using such custom made root tools can be cialis a bit risky for your Android handsets. We expect you to have enough technical knowledge to proceed further, otherwise do not try this. Please note that one should use Bin4ry Root Tool at their own risk. Feelandroid.com shall not be responsible for any thing that might happen with the users’ phone.
How to Install Universal Root Tool
- First thing you need to keep in mind is that the phone should be running on Android 4.0 or Android 4.1 ROM. This tool won’t work on devices running ROMs below the mentioned versions. This method works for Sony Xperia as well as other Android phones.
- You should also have the Smart Phone drivers installed on your PC.
- Download Universal Root Tool for Xperia T from the official thread at the XDA Developers’ forum. (This universal root tool is for Xperia NXT Phones, Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia P as well as a few Non-Xperia phones)
- Extract this zip file on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging (go to Settings section in your Smart Phone, select USB Debugging and then go for Developer Options menu.
- Now double-click the RunMe.bat file in order to run the tool.
- Select your device and press Enter.
- Now, you need to make a connection between your PC and the phone through the USB cable.
- You will see some self-explanatory on-screen instructions which you need to follow.
- Once you follow all the recommendations and instructions properly you will be able to root Android running on 4.0 or 4.1.
We are sure Xperia users would be quite thrilled with this root tool and thank Bin4ry for this productive contribution. We hope you found this tutorial quite useful. If you have any doubts, do let us know, we shall help you solve them.